Monday, July 13, 2009

Project OT

This is the project I made for my pediatric fieldwork site. I got the idea from a catalog at the clinic, and decided to make one for the project I am required to do. All of the pieces are connected by different fasteners....buttons, snaps, velcro, zippers, and laces....for a fun way to help kids learn how to use fasteners. I shouldn't say I made it, I had A LOT of help from my Mama. She is the most talented seamstress I know. She had to teach me how to make buttonholes, sew in zippers, when to use a zigzag stitch opposed to a regular stitch, etc., etc., etc. I wish I could sew like she does.


There were fun little "surprises" underneath each piece...smiley faces, rainbows, butterflies, birds, cats, dogs, a treasure chest, and a little person behind the door.




Madelyn wanted to help out while I was working on it!

1 comment:

  1. Had lots of fun helping you. In about 30 more years you'll know more than I know now! Love you! Mama

    ReplyDelete